Pass the Business, Please: How to Transition the Family Company to the Next Generation
Will your business survive to the next generation? How about the generation after that? While the success rate for family-owned companies thriving into the third generation is low, you can beat the odds and build a prosperous family business that leaves a lasting legacy. Lois Lang shows you how.
In Pass the Business, Please: How to Transition the Family Company to the Next Generation, Lois reveals the most common pitfalls that derail family businesses and offers solid strategies for avoiding them. And by following the journeys of three real-life family companies Lois profiles, you will learn what to do, what not to do, and how to correct course midway to ensure your company's success.
Choose Wisely, Please: Entering, Staying, or Leaving the Family Business
It's Your Choice. Choose Wisely.
Will you enter the family business? If you are already in the business, will you stay? Choosing to stay or go is one of the hardest decisions you will make. After all, you're making a decision about not only your career, but also your relationship with your family. Is it possible to reach a decision that will make you feel good, increase your chance of career success, and enhance your relationship with your family? Yes! Lois Lang shows you how.
In Choose Wisely, Please: Entering, Staying, or Leaving the Family Business, you will discover:
- A clear path to making this tough decision
- How to decrease the amount of emotional energy and mind chatter around your choice
- When and how to hire a coach to help you through the process
- A step-by-step process for interviewing family members, talking to advisors, and analyzing assessments to help you reach your decision
- Key strategies to increase your confidence about your ultimate career direction